Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Hi all, First and foremost I'd like to say Happy 2010 to all of you! Have you made any New Years resolutions? Honestly, there has been only one resolution, that I have ever made, that I have stuck to, and that is never to make a New Years resolution. It just seems, that, (for me) it means failure.Who wants to think of themselves as a failure? So why not consider letting the new year begin(as it always does) and just forge ahead. I'm sorry that it has taken me so long to sit down and write to all of you. Things have been quite hectic here. Last week I brought my Mom up from NJ to live with us for an indefinite period of time. I'm happy to say that all is well. My mom, who has some serious health issues is finally on the right track. She's moving about, spending time with her grandchildren(medicine for the soul) and eating whole foods and even some raw. For those who may not know what whole foods are, they are foods in there natural form. Foods that are not packaged or processed. So for an example; fresh veggies, fresh fruit, home made soups,fresh eggs( farm raised), organic chicken and free range fish. With a diet like that how can she fail! She even starts her day with a freshly made juice. Speaking of which, tomorrow is day 30 of my feast! This has been an incredible journey. I have grown by leaps and bounds over this past month. Some of the things I've discovered have been; how little food we really do need, how most of us have emotional ties to food, whether we know it or not. How much time is spent around food, and how much I have learned about myself not having food as a crutch. Having so much "free time" has given me the opportunity to connect much more deeply with the ones I love. On the flip side it has also given me the chance to see, much more clearly, those relationships, that are just not working. Because of this unfinished business, my inner voice is telling me that i may not be ready to end this fast. I feel, i still have work to do.Iknow that I can and will, do more fasting in the future.However, This one doesn't feel done. I'm seriously considering staying with it for a while longer. This is despite the fact that I have been in wind down mode for a week now. Preparing foods for when the fast ends, such as breads, dried fruit, granola, sprouted beans,kale chips, and cookies(all raw). So I guess time will tell. I will play it by ear and see how I feel tomorrow. In the mean time. Why not contemplate your own relationships with food, your family, friends, and the world you live in. Give yourself a big hug. Get out there and start living.I'm sending hugs to you all. If there is anything that I can do to help you in your journey fell free to ask. Cheers, To your rawsome health!

No comments:

Post a Comment